Friday, November 30, 2007

Inspired wrappings

I am basically done with the Christmas cards! I cranked out ten last night (I'll share those later) and did this one tonight. I might need one or two extras later, but I think I am finished for now! Woohoo! I think I made 52 cards in all this year, which might be a record!
This card was made for this week's Inspiration Challenge on SCS. The inspiration piece was wrapping paper with mittens on it; I don't have any mitten stamps, so I substituted the snowflakes from Snowflurries. I used blue bayou, soft sky and real red inks and paper, and some white craft on the blue bayou piece along the left. I used a shimmer outerwear notecard from Paper Salon - they are super shimmery, and hard to photograph! They come pre-scalloped (is that a word? It's late and it's Friday after a long week!) Anyway, I won a set of eight of these notecards, which come with red envelopes, and a Tailored Tin of Christmas stamps called Season's Greetings, in Paper Salon's World Cardmaking Day contest. The sentiment, stamped in real red and embossed with clear EP, is from the set. This is the first chance I've had to pull them out since I received them several weeks ago. I added some red organdy ribbon and some metallic blue snowflake brads to finish the card off. I'm really happy with how this one turned out!

1 comment:

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow gorgeous card ,love the colour combo,Dawnx