Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Scrap weekend

Last weekend was part one of Virtual Scrapbook Night on SCS, so I decided to check out the challenges. Sometimes it's hard for me to scrap using a challenge, because the pictures usually dictate what I use on my pages. But the first challenge was perfect for me; it called for scrapping a performance. Of course, I had the perfect photos for that! I did a two-page spread of the Garth Brooks concert I attended with my mom last month.
The main journaling reads:

Garth Brooks World Tour 2008
When I found out Garth Brooks was playing in Los Angeles in late January as a benefit for the Southern California wildfire victims, I called up Mom and asked if she’d like to fly down for her birthday. Then that Saturday morning, I got online and on the phone, typing and dialing as quickly as I could to see if I could get tickets! I kept getting a busy signal on the phone, and online I would get: “No tickets available for that show.” Then a message popped up saying “Another show has been added.” I was so excited when the screen popped up with tickets for us! Garth ended up selling out five shows over two days in less than an hour.
Our tickets were for the Friday night 10 p.m. show, which turned out to be perfect. Even the music critics agreed that our show was the best of the five. Our seats were straight back from the stage and slightly elevated, so we had a perfect view, even if Garth was a bit small. Fortunately, we also had giant screens to watch from! The crowd was terrific and we all sang, danced and cheered as Garth played all our favorite songs with all the energy he showed 10 years ago before he retired. He also had Trisha Yearwood and Huey Lewis join him on stage for some duets. He played for nearly 2.5 hours, and we didn’t want him to leave the stage when it was over! But we left with souvenir sweatshirts and some fun photos to prove we were there!

I pulled the paper colors from the photos, added a few embellies and of course, the set list! Gotta love the internet - I googled "Garth Brooks set list Los Angeles" and found several sites where people had posted set lists for the shows. I love having this as a detail on the page. The VSBN continues this weekend, so I may try to get a few more pages done!

Supplies: bazzill, SU lilac and turquoise, shimmery blue, handmade blue, vellum papers, Queen and Co. sequin stars and swirls, Making Memories brads

No comments: