Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day! I didn't get many Valentines made this year, but I did get this one done. I recently ordered a few things from Ellen Hutson; usually I find a pretty bit of ribbon in my box as a thank you, but this time, I opened my box to find a stack of beautiful doilies. So that's what inspired this card. I started by masking off a bunch of the white cardstock, then lightly stamped a script stamp before sponging shades of pink over it. Then I stamped the sentiment in a darker pink. I used the smallest doily as a base for a little heart collage. The lightest pink heart has stickles on the polka dots for a bit of sparkle. It's pretty clean and simple, but I kind of like it that way!
Hope your day is lovely! Thanks for stopping by.
Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts Untitled Hearts, French Script and Find Joy (sentiment)
Ink: various SU and distress inks
Cardstock: regal rose, rose red, neenah white
Accessories: button, stickles, masking tape

No comments: