Saturday, January 12, 2013

Trying out some digi

Hello and happy Saturday! It's a chilly one here in So Cal - while we're expecting a high in the 50s, it was in the 20s over night and they're forecasting 19 degrees tonight! Yikes! I have a pot roast in the crock pot, which should keep me warm inside later.
You might have noticed a little blog redesign here at my site. I was super fortunate to win some Photoshop, photo editing and digital scrapbooking classes during a giveaway on Ali Edwards' site a few weeks ago. The classes, all at Jessica Sprague's site, are proving to be both fun and a great opportunity to learn some new things. Though I'm mostly a cardmaker, I've always had some scrapbooking going on, as well, and I've been making some photobooks at Shutterfly, so I have wanted to learn more about digital scrapbooking and these classes are going to be a great way to do that this year.
One of the lessons in the Photoshop Top 5 class, which was a self-paced class I've finished already, was about making a blog banner. Jessica provided us with some digital elements and a template, and I embellished on that to get my new banner. That's me on the left working on a card, and Eliot the cat takes center stage with some photos I've snapped of her amongst the craft supplies!
The class I'm taking right now is Digital Project Life - which is all about "Project Life" style scrapbooking in digital form. I'm not 100 percent sure I can keep this up every week, but I thought this might be a good way to capture the stuff that often doesn't make it into my traditional scrapbooks, which tend to be more event-based - birthdays, holidays, travel, etc.
So this is my first week's page (and my first-ever page!). Most people do two-page spreads each week, but I am going to stick to just one page a week, I think. We'll see how it goes!
That's all for me today - thanks for stopping by!
Supplies:
Turquoise Digital Project Life kit and extra embellishments from Becky Higgins
Blog banner supplies are from Jessica Sprague Top 5 class, including artwork by Carina Gardner

No comments: