Monday, January 28, 2013

Sympathy in plum

I needed to make a couple of sympathy cards last week. I don't typically keep any on hand; there's something about making a card for someone during a difficult time that I find soothing. I am often inspired by the beautiful work of Heather Telford - I can't tell you how many of her cards I have pinned on Pinterest! - so I got out some masking tape, sponges and masking fluid and set to work. I am still a beginner when it comes to masking, sponging and especially using masking fluid - that stuff is a bit a messy! But I really like the look you can achieve. I started by stamping a script image in a light shade of plum, then added the masking fluid, and stamped the daisies once in a mid-tone of plum. Then I started sponging, light at first and darker along the edges. I removed the masking fluid and then stamped the daises again, off-set to create a shadow - in a darker purple. I finished the card with a simple sentiment and ribbon. Hopefully it will bring some comfort to the recipient.
That's all for me today. Thanks for stopping by!
Supplies: 
Stamps: Hero Arts script, SU Upsy Daisy, Sentiment from The Cat's Pajamas Simply Said 
Ink: various shades of Memento and SU pale plum and perfect plum 
Cardstock: SU pale plum and perfect plum, Neenah white
Accessories: masking fluid, Eclipse tape, ribbon

No comments: