Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Hello and happy 2013! Hard to believe a new year is starting - time seems to be flying by these days. I have high hopes for the coming year, and a few goals - I refuse to call them resolutions! - I hope to tackle this year. Last year my goals included finally earning a Starbucks gold card - done! - and having another card published - also done! One of my goals this year is to take a few more stamping risks - a design team perhaps, or submitting more cards for pub calls. I'm also going to take some classes online to learn more about photoshop and digital scrapping. Outside of this hobby, I also hope to hit at least one new state this year. I've been to 29 states so far, and hope to hit the rest sometime in the next decade or so. There are a few others, too, but I'll save those for later!
Today's card is just a quick 3x3 I made to go with a little New Year's gift I put together for my stamping friend Jean, aka Naturecoastcrafter, and her husband, who I recently had a chance to meet in person. She's visiting my coast and I just couldn't pass up the chance to finally give her a hug! Anyway, the card features a $1 stamp I picked up from Michael's a few years ago. I colored it with Copics and added a touch of sparkle from a spica glitter pen. I finished it with a bit of gold sparkle ribbon from American Crafts. That's all for me today. I hope you have a wonderful and relaxing first day of the new year!
Supplies: 
Stamps: Michael's
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copic markers
Cardstock: Neenah white, garden green, basic gray
Accessories: Nesties, ribbon, spica pen

No comments: