Thursday, December 20, 2012

Sparkling Season

This card was an experiment in glitter! I wanted to make a simple card with lots of sparkle and attempt to use up some of the glitter stash I have, so I used red line sticky tape to create glitter lines on my card base, then added shades of blue glitter. I stamped this fun image + sentiment from The Greeting Farm above the glitter lines and added some rhinestones for additional sparkle. I'm not sure how I feel about the finished product. For appearing so clean and simple, the design was too messy and time-consuming to mass produce. Matching the blues was also a challenge. And the card seems a little too plain on top, but adding a ribbon, twine or cord didn't work. No matter, it's off in the mail now and I'm sure the recipient will enjoy it! Thanks for stopping by today.
Supplies:
Stamps: The Greeting Farm
Ink: Tempting turquoise
Cardstock: SU turquoise, soft sky; Neenah white
Accessories: red line tape, glitter, rhinestones

No comments: