Thursday, December 27, 2012

Elvis gift set

 One of my holiday projects this year was to make calendars using these little tear-off calendars from Taylored Expressions. I scored a great deal on some 3.5 by 5 inch acrylic frames and decorated them with some patterned papers and a bit of embellishment before adding the calendars to the front using red line sticky tape. This was a quick and inexpensive project that turned out pretty cute! I'll share some more of these in the next couple of days.
I made a matching bookmark to go with this calendar. Both feature Elvis paper - I picked it up a number of years ago and have used it a few times for some special people in my life who just love Elvis. This set is going to my aunt, a big Elvis fan. The book mark dies and stamp are from My Favorite Things. They make such nice bookmarks, and I just love this sentiment!
Supplies:
Stamps: MFT
Ink: Memento tuxedo black
Cardstock: MFT black licorice, SU amethyst, Elvis DP
Accessories: ribbon, button, twine, MFT bookmark duo dies

No comments: