Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Woven Thoughts

Do you ever make a card and find yourself both surprised and delighted with how awesome it turns out? I have to admit, that was me with this card. I'm usually pretty critical of my own work, especially after it has been photographed - something about seeing cards on the computer screen seems to highlight their imperfections!
I made this card for the SCS Hope You Can Cling To challenges. The challenge was to use strips of paper in some way on your card, which gave me the idea to do a little weaving with patterned papers. I didn't want to do too much, so I laid out the pattern to leave a lot of white space. A sentiment and a small button/ribbon knot finish off the design. When I was done, I knew it was a winner! I just love how this card looks - even on the computer screen! I definitely want to make more using this technique. Thanks for stopping by today!
Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts
Ink: SU Bermuda bay
Cardstock: SU bermuda bay, kraft, neenah white, Lily Bee Buttercup papers
Accessories: button, seam binding ribbon

No comments: