Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Card + Bookmark

 I had a lot of fun with this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge. I recently acquired their new bookmark stamps and coordinating dies and have been having fun creating card/bookmark combinations. When I saw this week's sketch, I knew I wanted to try that again. The first view is with the bookmark as part of the card. This is the way that most closely matches the sketch.
This is the bookmark separated from the card; it just pulls straight out of the top of the card. The sentiment panel on the card is popped up with a couple of pieces of foam tape that trap the bookmark on each side. The edges of the bookmark's sentiment panel rest atop the foam. The colors were inspired by the patterned papers that just happened to be sitting on top on my desk!
Supplies:
Stamps: My Favorite Things
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copic markers
Cardstock: bermuda bay, taken with teal, neenah white, Echo Park Summer Days collection
Accessories: MFT Bookmark dies, PTI label die, button, twine, eyelet, eyelet punch

1 comment:

Joan Ervin said...

What an awesome design...the bookmark stamped sentiment is wonderful and I love how you added the bookmark!!! The papers and colors are beautiful, too!!!