Friday, September 14, 2012

Brave girl

I've been enjoying the Big Idea Festival at Big Picture Classes the last few days. They're offering up daily doses of inspiration plus challenges and prizes and it's all free! Several of the challenges so far have been about scrapbooking, which has been a nice way to get me making some pages again.
But Stacy Julian kicked off the event with a challenge to send some happy mail, which meant making a card, which has always been my favorite form of crafting. I made this card for the challenge and am sending it to a friend who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. I hope it inspires her as she maneuvers through this new challenge. The image and sentiment are from Unity Stamp Co. I've been admiring them for awhile, but finally picked them up recently.
I love the idea of a Happy Mail challenge. I am primarily a card maker in part because I love being able to share my creations with others and bringing smiles to their faces when they find an unexpected card in their mailbox. This challenge was a great way to kick off the festival. Thanks Stacy!
Supplies:
Stamps: Unity
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copic markers, Memento desert sand
Cardstock: SU Old Olive, softy sky, Neenah white, Crate Paper patterned paper
Accessories: Tim Holtz edge distresser, button, twine

No comments: