Sunday, August 12, 2012

MFT Sketch #84 Read

Hello there! Hope you're having a cool and relaxing weekend. It's hot here - we've been hovering at around 100 degrees for several days - ugh! But that's a great excuse to stay inside in the air conditioning and stamp the day away! I made a total impulse purchase this last week - when I saw the new My Favorite Things Bookmark stamp/die duo that was released that week, I had to have it! I have wanted a bookmark stamp set and die for quite awhile. I'm an avid reader, as are many of my friends and loved ones, and I can't wait to make lots of fun bookmarks with this combination. But when I got my package the other day - holy fast shipping, Batman! - the first thing I did was use my new goodies to make a card featuring this week's MFT sketch. I will confess, these colors are not really "me" but as I was flipping through patterned papers trying to pick a combination, these kind of jumped out at me. Then I had to find solid cardstock to match - that was a real challenge! For the main image panel, I cut out the bookmark die, then trimmed it down so it would fit the sketch better. Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the final result!
Supplies:
Stamps: MFT Books
Ink: PTI kraft, SU so saffron
Cardstock: SU soft suede, neenah white, Lily Bee Buttercup
Accessories: Eyelets, clip, ribbon, MFT bookmark die

No comments: