Saturday, August 11, 2012

TCP TUESDAY #222, Washi Tape

I am recovering from my vacation and trying to get back in the stamp groove, and there's no better way to do that than by tackling some challenges! This card is for the current TCP Tuesday challenge. Julie's challenge was to use washi tape in a new, fun way. Well, I just happened to pick up a new roll of washi while on vacation - I wish I knew the manufacturer, but it isn't listed anywhere! I saw an idea recently to use washi as a background, and that's how I came up with this one. Initially, I had a different idea for the background, but as I laid out the tape, this is what I ended up with! I love the fun colors and pattern in the tape and wanted to make sure it shined, so I kept the rest of the layout simple.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Supplies:
Stamps: The Cat's Pajamas
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copic markers
Cardstock: grass green, pink pirouette, neenah white
Accessories: Washi tape, cuttlebug swiss dots folder, twine and button from TCP

No comments: