Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Butterfly card set

 I've probably mentioned before that my sister is a cancer survivor, and she's been proactive about fighting back against the disease by putting a team of walkers together for the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life. We walk, talk, stay up all night, remember those who have lost their battles and raise money to help fund cancer research and support programs for those battling cancer. One of the ways we raise money is through a silent auction. There is a wide range of auction items and a wide range of price points, which makes bidding and buying affordable for just about everyone. I'm donating two sets of handmade cards to the auction this year, and today I'm sharing the first set. 
These cards use a simple design that I've featured here before, but it's one I really like, and it is an easy one to duplicate, so I tried it again! I used Kaisercraft Lilac Avenue papers, a butterfly punch and sentiments from Kitchen Sink Stamps, Taylored Expressions and Hero Arts for the cards. There are two of each design, for a total of eight cards. Let's hope they bring in a bit of money for the cause! Thanks for stopping by today!
Supplies:
Stamps: Kitchen Sink Stamps, Hero Arts, Taylored Expressions
Ink: SU Amethyst, saffron, vintage violet; green and lavender from Kaisercraft
Cardstock: SU Violet, Amethyst, Certainly celery, saffron
Accessories: Butterfly punch, ribbons, rhinestones and pearls

No comments: