Tuesday, November 22, 2011

TESC150: Give Thanks

I stopped at a sort-of-local stamp store the other day and stumbled upon some stamps from Taylored Expressions' latest release. I had been on the hunt for some new fall/Thanksgiving stamps and the images in Taylor's new Thankful set were just the kind of thing I had in mind, so of course I picked them up and brought them home with me! Over the weekend, I had a chance to get them inky as I finished up a few Thanksgiving cards for friends and family. This card was inspired by the current TE sketch challenge. I took a few small liberties with the sketch, but the main idea is there. The image was colored with Copics and I finished the card with a bit of seam binding, a button and some linen thread.
I'm glad I have all the Thanksgiving cards made, because now it's time to focus on food. I'm making some appetizers and apple pie for Thanksgiving and I think I'll be spending the next couple of nights in the kitchen to get everything ready. Mostly it's prep work, except for the pie!
Supplies:
Stamps: Thankful, Taylored Expressions
Ink: Memento rich cocoa, Copic markers
Cardstock: pumpkine pie, choice buttercream, Imaginisce Apple Cider dp
Accessories: Nestabilities, seam binding, button and linen thread from the Cat's Pajamas.

No comments: