Friday, September 2, 2011

Never forget

Recently a friend of mine lost her husband unexpectedly, and I needed a card to send her. Sympathy cards are tough for me; I can't seem to make them ahead of time, I want them to fit the recipient. The card was also inspired by a recent challenge on Splitcoast to use paint. I'm not the most creative in the paint department, but I do like the look of paint in the background. The primary image is a Tim Holtz stamp; the sentiment is one of my favorites from Ippity by Unity. I kept the rest of the card simple and left plenty of room inside for a personal note

Supplies:
Stamps: Now and Forever, Ippity by Unity; Nature's Discovery, Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous
Ink: old olive, SU; rich cocoa, Memento
Cardstock: old olive, chocolate chip, SU; choice buttercream
Accessories: brad, twine, paint



No comments: