Saturday, September 3, 2011

Birthday celebrations

There were a bunch of challenges on Splitcoast a few weeks ago for members of the Splitcoast Fan Club, and I was fortunate to have time to play along. Or really, I abandoned all my regular chores and spent a few days in a major stamping marathon so I could complete the challenges - all 37 of them! I'll be sharing some of the cards and projects over the next few days. This card was for a sketch challenge. My proportions are slightly off; I wish the red piece was slightly smaller, but I love the split center panel - what a great design feature! I'm also digging this aqua/red color combination. I will have to try that one again. The daisy image was inked with real red ink, then I touched the edge of a cranberry crisp ink pad to it to give the image a little more color dimension. The edges of the panels were also inked with broken china distress ink.
Supplies:
Stamps: Upsy daisy, SU
Ink: real red, SU; broken china, Distress
Cardstock: real red, cool caribbean, SU; choice snow white; Picket Fence dp, Lily Bee Design
Accessories: ribbon, Sizzix embossing folder

No comments: