Friday, June 17, 2011

Hope in bloom

I love this image because it reminds me of spring. And I love spring because it is so hopeful and full of promise. Hope is something I am focusing on today as I join my sister and hundreds of other people at the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life event in my hometown. This is the second year Rays of Hope - Team Sunny has participated in this event, and I am so happy I could make a surprise appearance today to support my sister and this cause. We are walking for 24 hours to raise awareness and to raise money for the American Cancer Society - money that will be used to help cancer survivors and their families and that will help research treatments, and God willing, cures for cancer. We can always use more support, so if you are able and inclined, here's a link: http://www.salemoregonrelay.org/
When you get there, click on teams and find Rays of Hope - Team Sunny to make a donation to our team. And if you're out in the sun this summer, please wear sunscreen! It's one easy thing you can do to prevent cancer!
Now on to the card. The bunny image is a LaBlanche stamp. I love these sweet images. I am still learning to color them, but I am pretty happy with how this one turned out! Another clean and simple layout here, this time to showcase those pretty Picket Fence papers from Lily Bee Designs.
Supplies:
Stamps: Lablanche
Ink: Memento rich cocoa, copic markers
Paper: kraft, choice snow white, Lily Bee Designs Picket Fence
Accessories: twine, button, ribbon

No comments: