Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there! This is the card I made for my dad; he's an avid fisherman and the last few summers he's spent lots of time in Alaska reeling them in. This image of a salmon seemed like a good fit for a card for him. Not sure of the maker of the stamp, I got it in a stamp exchange with some friends. The background behind the fish was made using alcohol inks and glossy paper. I love the mottled look you get this way - it definitely reminds me of the ocean!
Supplies:
Stamps: Sentiment from Gifts from the Sea by Melanie Muenchinger for Gina K Designs; salmon manufacturer unknown
Ink: Ranger archival black ink, Ranger alcohol inks
Paper: glossy white, basic black, bermuda bay
Accessories: black hemp twine, circle punches, alcohol inks

No comments: