Sunday, March 20, 2011

Grungy Rose

I made this card for a StampTV challenge to make something that is not your usual style. This is definitely not my typical CAS! I received a bunch of grunge paper recently as a gift and had not used it, so I pulled it out and inked, painted, misted, glittered and distressed a few pieces. The rose is a grunge circle that I cut to make my own version of a rolled rose. More distressing and inking on the copper background piece and on the sentiment. My fingers were so inky when I was done, and I'm not sure how well I channeled Tim Holtz, but overall, I'm pleased with how this one turned out!
Supplies:
Stamps: Charmed Life by Melanie Muenchinger for Gina K Designs
Ink: gingerbread chalk ink, distress inks
Paper: misc brown, copper and cream from my stash, grunge paper
Accessories: distressing tool, sponges, smooch spritz, stickles, paint

No comments: