Monday, November 15, 2010

Bird in burgundy

Hey all! Can you believe it's the middle of November already? I guess that means the holidays are just around the corner! Have you started working on your holiday cards yet? I have a few in my stash but still need to settle on a design or two that I can crank out a bunch of. I usually make about 60 cards to send out, so I have to get busy! Today's card is in the running for this year's holiday stash. The card was made for the Hope You Can Cling To card drive, but I might make a few more for me! The challenge was to use a bird image. This stamp is from Magenta; it's one I won in my awesome friend Karolyn's blog candy giveaway a few weeks ago. I inked in bravo burgundy ink and stamped it on choice buttercream. I added some stickles to the snowflakes for a bit of sparkle. The ribbon is one I found at an LSS - isn't that pleated satin fabulous? I have just enough for two more cards, I think! I layered a bit of gingham over the seam, as well.
Supplies:
Stamps: Magenta
Ink: bravo burgundy
Paper: bravo burgundy, kraft, choice buttercream
Accessories: Cuttlebug, ribbon, stickles

No comments: