Thursday, October 21, 2010

Felted peace

This card required a special trip to Michaels! Bev's Hope You Can Cling To challenge called for using felt. I decided I wanted to use a Sizzix/Basic Grey holly die from my stash to make felt holly leaves and berries, but of course I had no felt, so I had to run out and get some! Funny, I managed to pick up a few other things while I was there. I had coupons, after all! ;)
The die didn't cut the felt quite as well as I'd hoped it would, so I had to take the scissors to it to separate the leaves. I do love the texture it adds to the card, though!
Supplies:
Stamps: All Year Cheer (SU)
Ink: handsome hunter
Paper: shimmery white, real red, handsome hunter
Accessories: Nestabilities, Sizzix/Basic Grey die, ribbon, Sizzix/Basic Grey embossing folder

1 comment:

Rene said...

Oh, that's so pretty. I love the felt, even if you had to trim it. :-)