Thursday, September 16, 2010

Puffy misted flower

I made this card for a recent Papercrafts Magazine submission call. All my friends were doing it, so I decided I should try my hand at getting published! Alas, this and two other cards I submitted for the Stamp It! call were rejected! But I have since tried again with another call and I'm now awaiting word! It can't hurt to try, right?
This particular card was made for a call seeking cards and projects using mist sprays. I sprayed sheets of vellum with Smooch Spritz and punched pieces out to make puffy flowers a la Corie Foster. The background piece behind the sentiment was also spritzed with Smooch in gingersnap. The final card measures 5.5 inches square.
Supplies:
Stamps: Unity
Ink: Memento rich cocoa
Paper: Bazzill cardstock, neenah white paper, vellum
Accessories: scallop circle punch, Smooch spritz in vanilla, gingersnap and green, Studio G rhinestones, Nestabilities

2 comments:

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Mish - this is beautiful! I've never used those mists, mostly because I don't know what to do with them. It never occurred to me to just spray them on card stock. Duh!! And I adore that embossing folder - so beautiful and elegant. I'm sorry this didn't get picked up, but I hope you don't get too discouraged and give up. Persistence is the key!! Oh, and thanks for the oder, missy - you ROCK!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Ummm . . . I mean order. LOL