Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Clean and simple wedding

I built up a stash of cards to share on my blog so I've taken a stamping break for a couple of weeks. I've been spending my crafty time working on a project for a gift and on scrapbooking my Alaska vacation from last summer. I am making progress - I am on day two of the seven-day cruise! So I still have quite a way to go!
In the meantime, I made this card recently for my stamping pal Jacqueline's wedding. Her invitations were yellow and gray, so I used that as my starting point. I love the Manhattan flower embossing folder from SU because it makes such lovely and elegant cards. I kept the embellishments minimal, adding some gray pearls, a fancy tag and a bit of ribbon. I'm pretty sure I spritzed the paper with mist to make it sparkly but I can't remember anymore!
Supplies:
Stamps: SU Short and Sweet
Ink: basic gray
Paper: basic gray, barely banana, neenah white
Accessories: Manhattan flower folder, Kaisercraft pearls, fancy tag die, basic gray taffeta ribbon

No comments: