Saturday, July 17, 2010

DTGD: Let it snow!

This card's got a long story behind it! First, this morning the "Dare to Get Dirty" challenges got underway over on Splitcoast. This is a week of fun challenges put on by the Dirty Dozen and alumni as a thank you to members of SCS Fan Club. The challenges are restricted to Fan Club members, but everyone can check out the amazing cards being made. I missed most of last year's event because I was on vacation in Alaska - not that I'm complaining, the trip was totally worth it! But missing last year made me even more excited for this year. The challenges are fun, and often they push you to try new things. Also, I find them a great way to build up my card stash again. I thought this year, I could get a start on some holiday cards, too.
Second, the stamp I used in this card came from my pal Jean, aka Naturecoastcrafter. She suggested a few days ago that a group of us "pass on" some of the stamps we're not using to one another. So she loaded a box and mailed it to me. I picked out a few, including this one, added some more, and sent it to the next person on the list. We're calling it the Sisterhood of the Traveling Stamps! It's a great way to pick up some "new" stuff without much expense, since all we are paying for is the shipping.
Now a little detail about the card. I stamped the image in Memento tuxedo black, colored and highlighted with Copic markers, then added black ice embossing powder to Frosty's hat and ultrafine glitter to the snowflakes for a little sparkle.
Supplies:
Stamps: Great Impressions
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copic markers
Paper: neenah white, real red, basic black
Accessories: scallop edge punch, ribbon, embossing powder, ultrafine glitter

3 comments:

peggysue said...

What a fun way to get some 'new' stamps, how sweet! As is this card, I always love a good snowman. And they're particularly hard to find this time of year . . . the one we had in the yard in December hasn't been seen at all recently. :) Have fun with the dirty challenges!

Jean Cross said...

Heee, heeee, heee, Mish. I recognize that stamp. I'm sorry you could only find a few--you sure did a great job with this one! I'm glad you gave it a good home!

Jean Cross said...
This comment has been removed by the author.