Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Res-Q #26 and Tim tags!

This week on the Res-Q Challenge blog, Denise asked us to make some tags! You can find the challenge, and play along HERE. I love making tags, and I've been following along with Tim Holtz' 12 tags of Christmas the last few days, so I thought I would channel him and make some Tim-style tags! He's having a contest for people who complete 12 tags inspired by his 12 tags. If I get all my other holiday crafting done, I might try to complete them all. For now, though, I have two to share. The first tag was inspired by Tim's Day 3 tag. I was inspired by the plaids he made using alcohol inks, so I made a plaid using blues, purples, slate gray and a touch of metallic silver alcohol ink. I didn't want to cover up the plaid with too much embellishment, so I kept it simple, adding some stamped images, a button and some silver cord.
My second tag was inspired by Tim's Day 1 tag. I used the ink spritz method he used for my background and I also used a chipboard swirl like he did. I painted the swirl with vanilla craft paint, then covered in walnut distress stickles. I love the aged vintage look the distressed stickles give. Thanks Tim for all the inspiration!
Supplies:
Stamps: Tim Holtz Nature stamps
Ink: alcohol inks, archival black ink, distress inks in mahogany, antique linen and rose, tempting turquoise from SU
Paper: tags, glossy white
Accessories: ribbon, cord, button, chipboard, flower, Stickles, alcohol inks, sponges

No comments: