Friday, November 20, 2009

Snowone like you

Somehow I forgot to upload this card to the blog! I made this a few weeks ago for Unity's Bachelor Bro contest. I have a limited supply of Unity stamps, and these challenges really put all of my stamps to work! This card called for using a pink and brown color combination, making a sweet card, and trying to keep it masculine. I'm not sure I mastered the masculine part, but I got the other two OK. :)
The background is Cuttlebug-embossed, then lightly sponged with chocolate chip ink. I stamped pale pink snowflakes over the tree and on the sentiment panel, and I added lots and lots of liquid applique to the tree to make it look snowy! I was trying to match up with the sentiment, which was my "sweet' element for the challenge.
Supplies:
Stamps: Unity
Ink: chocolate chip, pink pirhouette
Paper: Pink pirhouette, chocolate chip, neenah white
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, liquid applique, paper snowflake from Making Memories, Kaisercraft pearls, rhinestone brad

1 comment:

Corie said...

This is beautiful -- love the pink and brown combo