Thursday, November 19, 2009

Lady in red (and pink!)

Here's another card I made for last weekend's VSN challenges. Deb/dcorder gave us a choice of several card recipes inspired by costumes from Carvnevale in Venice. I had the great fortune of visiting Venice on the last night of Carnevale while I was in college. It was truly an amazing sight and scene - the costumes were astounding and the festive atmosphere was so much fun. At one point there were hundreds of people, costumed and not, tourists and locals alike, playing a giant game of what could best be described as crack-the-whip in San Marcos Square. It was surreal! Experiencing Carnevale is one of the reasons Venice is one of my favorite places in the world.
Now on to the card; I chose the Lady in Red recipe, which required a color combination of real red, pink passion, pixie pink and summer sun OR brushed gold. I went with the gold! The recipe also called for adding some glitz or bling, piercing, and using embossing. The pink passion background layer is embossed with the Manhattan Flower folder, then spritzed with Glimmer mist in iridescent gold. I pierced around the edges and added some gold gems to the corners. I added some more gems to the center panel, too.
Supplies:
Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral, sincere salutations
Ink: real red, pink passion, pixie pink
Paper: real red, brushed gold, whisper white, pink passion, pixie pink
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Manhattan flower folder, ribbon, Mrs. Grossman's gold gems, Glimmer mist, paper piercer

No comments: