Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Krafty snowflake CASE

It was fun to play along with some of the VSN challenges over the weekend on Splitcoast. That's a great event for jumpstarting my mojo and getting my stash of cards built up. Shannon/Mrs. Mac asked us to CASE (copy and selectively edit, is what I think it stands for) a card from the SCS gallery, but add some ruched ribbon and lots of extra embellishment. Since I need to build up my Christmas card stash, I attempted to CASE THIS gorgeous card by Lauraly.
I know I didn't do her card justice, but I gave it my best shot! I changed up the colors, used a brad instead of a button, and made other little changes. I also added lots of Kaisercraft pearls all over for my added embellies. My ribbon is a pre-ruched polka dot organza I picked up at Michaels. It's so much easier to buy the ribbon already ruched than it is to try to ruch it yourself!
Supplies:
Stamps: Snow swirled
Ink: taken with teal, Colorbox white
Paper: taken with teal, kraft, very vanilla
Accessories: ribbon, Cuttlebug tag, snowflake brad, Kaisercraft pearls

No comments: