Friday, November 6, 2009

Christmas cardinal

This is another card I made for World Cardmaking Day last month but never got on the blog. This was another Splitcoast challenge, and this one was to use colors from a country's flag. We got to pick the country, so I chose one that was red, green and white so I could get started on some holiday cards! I have a small stash of holiday cards built up, but I still have a ways to go! One of the things I'm trying to do this year is use up stuff I've had in my stash for ages or just haven't used before. I didn't buy any new Christmas stamps, and so far, I haven't bought any new paper! This paper is from the Basic Grey Dasher collection; I had a whole package of 12x12 that had never been opened, so I'm finally cutting into it. I paired it with this image from Flower for All Seasons; I love the cardinal and poinsettia pairing. The image was colored with Copics and I added a little dot of Stickles to the center of each bloom for some sparkle. I think one of the best things about this card is that it is super flat - no extra postage required!

Supplies:
Stamps: Flower for all Seasons, Sincere Salutations (SU)
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copic markers
Paper: Basic Grey Dasher collection, neenah white, artichoke, riding hood red
Accessories: circle punch, scallop punch, stickles, Hero Arts red rhinestones, ribbon

No comments: