Wednesday, October 14, 2009

WCMD Hearing check

This is another of my World Cardmaking Day cards. Told you I made a bunch! This one combined an SCS challenge and a Res-Q challenge. The SCS challenge from Unity was to make a quote the focal point of your card. The Res-Q challenge from Jean was based on a hearing test, so she asked us to make a loud card with a loud embellishment! I thought this Unity quote was a good match for both challenges. I paired it with some Basic Grey Indian Summer - have I mentioned lately how much I love that paper? :) The color combination is kiwi kiss and purely pomegranate with a touch of chocolate chip. For me, one of the challenges of large quotes is the empty space around them - in this case, my paper looked super white. To fix that, I pulled out my color spritzer and added ink splatters and sprays across the paper. It also adds to the "loud" effect, I think. I finished the card with some Primas layered together.
Supplies:
Stamps: Unity
Ink: kiwi kiss, purely pomegranate, chocolate chip
Paper: kiwi kiss, purely pomegranate, whisper white, Indian Summer from Basic Grey
Accessories: Primas, rhinestone brad, color spritzer

3 comments:

Lee said...

Ohhh this is sooo cool.....I love that dp with the sentiment as the focus!!

Jean Cross said...

YOU DID A REALLY GREAT JOB ON THIS, MISH!!!! (Can you hear me now??) LOL. Seriously, I love the technique with the letters, what a great idea--spritzing to anchor them. Bravo.

PattyB said...

This is beautiful Michelle! I love it!