Sunday, June 28, 2009

Res-Q #14: Where's the bug?

Once again, it's taken me all week, but I finally managed to get a card made for this week's Res-Q Challenge. Robyn asked us to make a card featuring a bug, but not to use that bug as a focal point of the card. You can see all the details of the challenge, and play along HERE!
My card was inspired by Sharon Johnson of No Time To Stamp. I love her beautiful wide ribbons and pretty bows, so I picked up some wide gingham ribbon at a nearby scrapbook store awhile back and decided to build a card around it! I embossed the Upsy Daisy image with white EP, then sponged several shades of blue over it for the background. My bugs are the pair of little butterflies from Tagger's Dozen. They are highlighted with a clear spica glitter pen.
The Res-Q girls are taking a summer break from the challenges, so there won't be any new ones for awhile. But if you're like me, you haven't had a chance to play them all yet, so please feel free to go back and play along with past challenges when you have a chance!
Supplies:
Stamps: Upsy Daisy, Tagger's Dozen
Ink: Versamark, night of navy, brocade blue, ballet blue, bashful blue
Paper: Neenah classic crest white, bashful blue, Chatterbox dp
Accessories: ticket punch, ribbon, embossing powder, spica glitter pen, sponges

1 comment:

Lee said...

I'm trying to catch up on all the bloghopping.........and Michelle......I just have to say you are just AMAZING!!!! Your Stamp TV creations are fabulous!!!! You better be submitting to DT's 'cuz you are one talented lady!!