Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Butterfly inspiration

My former VSN hostess friends and I are plugging along on some fun challenges this month, and over the weekend, it was my turn to issue a challenge. I chose the cover of the latest Martha Stewart Weddings magazine for an inspiration piece. There's a beautiful cake covered with a rainbow of butterflies on the front. You can see a picture of the cake below; the magazine cover is actually prettier because the colors are so much more vibrant. Still, you get the idea.

For my card, I chose this beautiful Inkadinkado butterfly image and inked it in a Tsukineko Harmony spectrum pad. I paired the image with some recycled organdy ribbon, a fun charm I picked up a while back at a funky craft shop, and an Inkadinkado sentiment for a simple yet elegant card!
Supplies:
Stamps: inkadinkado
Ink: Brilliance black, Harmony Tsukineko
Paper: Neenah classic crest white, basic black, pixie pink
Accessories: charm, ribbon, cuttlebug

3 comments:

smart electronics said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lee said...

I soooo LOVE this card!!!! And the challenge is just sooo gorgeous!! I'm definitely planning on playing along for sure!!!

PattyB said...

Michelle this is beautiful! I haven't had time to play but I really hope too!