Thursday, March 19, 2009

Twisted Thursday

My friend Karolyn is a design team member for Shirley's 2 Girls stamps, and she hosting a weekly challenge for them called twisted Thursday. Thanks to Karolyn's enabling, I won some Shirley's 2 Girls stamps in one of their previous contests, so I used one of them for the first time tonight on her challenge. The challenge is a sketch with a twist of some kind; this week's twist was to use use hardware. You can find all the details on Karolyn's blog HERE.
I colored the stamp image with my Copic markers - these are great stamps for coloring! The color combination has been in my head ever since I saw the scrapping kit in the new SU catalog that uses these colors. For my hardware, I chose the jumbo SU eyelets, which I just got with my last order. I also added some dots of stickles on the dots in the image, but they are kind of hard to see.
Supplies:
Stamps: Shirley's 2 Girls
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, copics
Paper: Making Memories boho chic dp, neenah classic crest white, pale plum, perfect plum, kiwi kiss
Accessories: jumbo eyelets, ribbon, cuttlebug, EK success border punch, stickles

5 comments:

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Mish, this is STUNNING!! I absolutely love this color combination!! And your coloring of this yummo image is fantastic. Girl - it just touches my heart that you play along in our little challenges. Thank you - you are the BEST!!

Maria Matter said...

This is sooo pretty! Love the color,great sentiment too! :)
Blessings, Maria

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wowzers, this is fabulous!! Thanks so much for playing!!

Justine said...

I am so jealous, I want this stamp. You did a great job and thank you for coming out to play with us, totally makes my day and of course Good Luck

Lee said...

That is sooo fun!!!! I love that hardware.....the colors are just fabulous!!!