Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's gratitude

I pulled out my Unity Gratitude=Joy stamps during my New Year's Eve stamp-a-thon. I need to build up my stash of thank you cards, and these stamps are great for that. The first card was for a challenge to make a monochrome card, and a I also used a sketch from my friend Katherine's sketch challenge. This card went together fast with the help of the patterns designer paper.
This challenge was to make an Asian influenced card - one of my favorite styles! I pulled out some scraps of Kimono dp, a coin charm I picked up at a LSS and another stamp from the Unity set and I was good to go! I colored the image with Copics and added some sparkle with a Spica glitter pen in gold.
Supplies:
Stamps: Unity gratitude=joy
Ink: artichoke, moss, memento tuxedo black, Copics
Paper: Moss, artichoke, prints dp, neenah classic crest white, pink passion, real red, tempting turquoise, Kimono dp
Accessories: eyelets, ribbon, coin, Spica pen

2 comments:

Corie said...

Oh, I love both of these!!

Lee said...

Oooo Michelle these are beautiful!!! So different....the top one is just so elegant and the bottom one is amazingly fun and colorful!!!