Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's gratitude

I pulled out my Unity Gratitude=Joy stamps during my New Year's Eve stamp-a-thon. I need to build up my stash of thank you cards, and these stamps are great for that. The first card was for a challenge to make a monochrome card, and a I also used a sketch from my friend Katherine's sketch challenge. This card went together fast with the help of the patterns designer paper.
This challenge was to make an Asian influenced card - one of my favorite styles! I pulled out some scraps of Kimono dp, a coin charm I picked up at a LSS and another stamp from the Unity set and I was good to go! I colored the image with Copics and added some sparkle with a Spica glitter pen in gold.
Supplies:
Stamps: Unity gratitude=joy
Ink: artichoke, moss, memento tuxedo black, Copics
Paper: Moss, artichoke, prints dp, neenah classic crest white, pink passion, real red, tempting turquoise, Kimono dp
Accessories: eyelets, ribbon, coin, Spica pen

2 comments:

Corie said...

Oh, I love both of these!!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Oooo Michelle these are beautiful!!! So different....the top one is just so elegant and the bottom one is amazingly fun and colorful!!!