Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

Happy New Year! I hope you all had a safe and wonderful New Year's Eve. I stayed in this year - I'm recovering from a cold I developed while on vacation and all my party invitations required quite a drive, so I opted for a fun night of stamping and chatting from home! It worked out quite well as Taylor/stagccva organized a New Year's Eve stamping party on SCS. I managed five cards between the time I got home from work and midnight my time! I was a little rusty from not stamping in more than two weeks, but I got in a bit of a groove eventually! The card above was for the "Ring in the New" times two challenge - to use stamps from two different sets, only two colors of cardstock, two each of two different embellishments, two patterned papers and things that are new to you. My twos were stamps from Fanciful dots by Unity and the All Holidays SU sets; regal rose and vanilla cardstocks; patterned papers from the Sweet Always and Au Chocolat DP packs; two ribbons and two dew drops. The ribbons are both new - they were part of gifts I received from stamping friends. This was also my first time using Fanciful Dots.
That's all for now - I hope to have an actual New Year's card for you later today using my one and only New Year's stamp! Happy 2009!
Supplies:
Stamps: All holidays, SU; Fanciful dots, Unity
Ink: chocolate chip
Paper: Regal rose, vanilla, Sweet Always, Au chocolat
Accessories: dew drops, ribbons from imaginisce and Martha Stewart

1 comment:

Lee said...

Gorgeous of course in pink and brown!! LOL