Saturday, November 15, 2008

So many challenges!

VSN is winding down over on Splitcoast, and I have a fabulou. s stack of cards to show for my weekend of stamping! That's one thing I love about VSN - my card stash gets replenished quickly! Another thing I find is that I tend to use a few stamp sets, colors or card types throughout the weekend as I reach for the closest things! I used Sweet Always DP and its regal rose, pumpkin pie and pink pirhouette color combination on a couple of different cards. The first is for Erin's spinner card challenge. I used the word window punch to make a quick and easy channel for my spinner; it works really well! I used another scrap of the DP for some paper piecing on the cupcake wrapper.
Supplies:
Stamps: Whipper Snapper cupcake, SU So Many Scallops
Ink: pumpkin pie, regal rose, memento tuxedo black, Copic markers
Paper: regal rose, pink pirhouette, pumpkin pie, neenah classic crest white, Sweet Always
Accessories: word window, dimensionals, stickles and crystal effects, ribbon, scallop punch

This was my card for Riley's challenge to use the thumping technique. I inked my image in pink pirhouette, then thumped chocolate chip and only orange markers (don't have a pumpkin pie marker, but it worked) all over the image before stamping. This one was fast and easy, but the effect is great!
Supplies:
Stamps: Upsy daisy
Ink: pink pirhouette, only orange, chocolate chip
Paper: pumpkin pie, pink pirhouette, neenah classic crest white, chocolate chip, Sweet Always DP
Accessories: scallop edge punch, ribbon, brads

1 comment:

Lee said...

These are just wonderful!! I love the pinks!!! I didn't get to all of the challenges and I'm still wiped out!! LOL