Sunday, November 16, 2008

Winter wonderland times two


Here are a couple more cards I made for VSN. These are some of my favorites. The first card is for Robyn's challenge inspired by "White Christmas," which just happens to be one of my favorite holiday movies! She asked us to make cards featuring falling snow in honor of our troops serving overseas. I used my Cuttlebug swiss dots folder for the falling snow effect. The stamp is from a line called Art-Kure; I received it from a friend but hadn't had a chance to use it until now.

The second version of that card was for Maren's "Encore" challenge, to take a VSN card and improve or revise it. My first card was missing a sentiment and some glitter, since you can't send glitter to the troops. I added some Stickles to some of the trees, some liquid applique, and a tag with the sentiment. Both cards measure 3.5 by 6.25 inches.
Supplies:
Stamps: Art-Kure image; sentiment from SU's All Holidays
Ink: Night of Navy
Paper: night of navy, bordering blue, neenah classic crest white
Accessories: cuttlebug, ribbon, snowflake brads, tag punch, liquid applique, Stickles

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Those are both beautiful.

Lee said...

Oh my gosh Mish!!!!!! ABsolutely GORgeous!!! The snow and the swiss dots.......the blue and white........just EVERYthing!!!

Unknown said...

WOW, Michelle...these are just GORGEOUS!!!!!