Friday, August 29, 2008

Red Dress

My friend Denise came up with a great challenge for VSN - to make a fancy card a la the children's book series "Fancy Nancy." I knew exactly which stamps I wanted to use - my brand-new Gina K Designs set Retro Boutique, designed by Rupe Shevde. I was a benefactor of Gina's generosity; she donated several gift certificates to the SCS Midwest Flood Relief raffle, and I won one of them! Woohoo! I ordered a couple of sets and some other goodies, including those silver dots on the Primas on this card. As for the construction of this card, I stamped the dress image in Memento Tuxedo black ink, then colored it with Copics before covering the entire piece of paper in Versamark and embossing with iridescent ice EP. I figured that was pretty fancy! And it is definitely sparkly!
Supplies:
Stamps: Retro Boutique, Gina K
Ink: Memento Tuxedo black, Copics
Paper: real red, whisper white, basic black, CM silver
Accessories: Cuttlebug, embossing powder, Primas, glitter dots, ribbon

2 comments:

Colleen said...

I love the card, so pretty and fun.

Lee said...

OH my gosh Michelle!!!! What a truly breath-taking red dress!!! I sure wish I had the figure to wear this!!! LOL