Saturday, August 30, 2008

Fall colors

I have been feeling the fall colors lately - I guess I am ready for it to be here, especially since it has been so warm lately. I love fall, when the air turns crisp and the leaves change! The first card is for Kandi's VSN challenge to watercolor on your card. I was looking for some watercolor paper for the challenge when I discovered some old watercolor paints in my craft supply stash. I am not a good painter or watercolorist, but I enjoy dabbling occasionally. I hadn't used the paints in ages, but they came right back to life with a little water.
Supplies:
Stamps: Friends are like Flowers
Ink: Stazon black
Paper: ballet blue, old olive, pumpkin pie, watercolor, My Mind's Eye DP
Accessories: watercolors, slot punch, eyelet, ribbon

This card was for Linda's "dusty trail" challenge, inspired by Western books such as Louis L'Amour. She asked us to "dust off" stamps from our stash that hadn't been used in at least a month. I pulled out this great old standby set, Fantastic Foliage, and figured I'd get started on some fall cards!
Supplies:
Stamps: Fantastic foliage, $1 sentiment
Ink: pumpkin pie, old olive, really rust
Paper: really rust, old olive, pumpkin pie, confetti white
Accessories: ticket punch, ribbon

1 comment:

Lee said...

Absolutely beautiful Fall cards!!! I love your home-made dp with the leaves!!! I'm also so ready for Fall!!! Such gorgeous colors.....just like your cards!!!