Thursday, August 28, 2008

Piggy Wiglet

I really enjoyed all of the VSN challenges, but Jacqueline's might have been my favorite! She challenged us to make cards inspired by our favorite children's book. There is no question my favorite book as a young child was "Piggy Wiglet." Behind the card in the photo is my book. If you look closely you can see the worn binding and the tape that was once used to keep it together. Inside, some of the pages are torn, and I think there's some crayon scribbled in a few places. It is a well-loved book. The story is about a pig who escapes to chase the sun. The sun is represented by a large circle on every page. For my book, I used colors inspired by the book - pink for the pig and yellow for the sun - as well as a pig image and circles to represent the sun. This is another 6.25 by 3.5 inches - a favorite size of mine right now.
Supplies:
Stamps: Very Punny (retired SU)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
Paper: pretty in pink, barely banana, Neenah classic crest solar white, retired SU patterned paper
Accessories: Nestabilities, CM circle cutter, ribbon, corner rounder

No comments: