Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Inspired stripes


I can't believe it's only Tuesday! It's been a super busy week already! The hostesses for the April VSN have been selected and announced, and they are keeping me hopping. I love their enthusiasm and I know we are going to have a blast during the VSN Fashion Show March 8 and the VSN Fashion Weekend April 4-5. I managed to make one card Sunday night, but still haven't had a chance to photograph or upload it. I do have this one from Saturday, though!
When I saw this week's inspiration piece on SCS, I immediately thought of this Taylor Crate paper I've had in my stash for ages. I built the card around it, and in keeping with this month's Dirty Dozen theme, I made it anything but average - it's 5.5 inches square. The greens match much better in real life. I watercolored the flower and leaf, then paired them with the cool acetate swirl from My Mind's Eye's Bohemia collection.

Supplies:

Stamps: All natural (SU retired)
Paper: chocolate chip, very vanilla, watercolor, garden green, textured blue (maker unknown), Crate Taylor collection
Ink: stazon brown, soft sky, blue bayou, handsome hunter, certainly celery
Accessories: bohemia acetate swirl, aquapainter, eyelets and Cropadile from WeRMemoryKeepers

No comments: