Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Playing with ghosts!

I briefly hit my stamping groove the other night when I was making this card. I really, really like it. It's off in the mail tomorrow to a friend, so I hope she likes it, too. I started this card when I found these cardstock colors in my pile together and liked how they looked. The combination is river rock, old olive and so saffron. I'm also totally addicted to these Heidi Swapp ghost flowers I received recently in a RAK. The flower was inked in pearlescent beige Brilliance ink and embossed with clear EP. It really adds a cool effect to the flower, but you have to be careful not to overheat them! I ran the olive piece through my Cuttlebug and swiped the pearlescent beige ink over the embossed parts, too. The image and sentiment were stamped in olive Stazon and then I used blender pens to color the image using so saffron and old olive ink. I used the color spritzer to spritz river rock ink lightly over the image and the card base. I squeezed the bulb against the pad and sucked ink straight into the tube, then sprayed it out. It's a little messy and you have to wash the spritzer between uses, but it works when you don't have a marker in that color. I finished the card with some small SU brads in antique brass and a big Karen Foster brad in the same color.
Supplies:
Stamps: Artfully Asian, SU
Paper: River rock, old olive, so saffron, very vanilla, SU
Ink: olive Stazon, old olive, so saffron, river rock, pearlescent beige
Accessories: Heidi Swapp ghost flower, brads from SU and Karen Foster, dimensionals, color spritzer, blender pens, embossing powder, Cuttlebug d'vine swirl

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I love this! The flower is just gorgeous!!!