Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Year's challenges

I thought today I would share another of the cards I made for Lindsey's (Jacksonbelle on SCS) New Year's Eve party. She had trivia and card challenges, and I actually won one of each. Thank you Lindsey! Lindsey's got a cool Ebay store, Jacksonbelle Embellishments, and a great blog, Embellished. This card was for the "Eyelets Galore" challenge, and I just happened to get some cool large eyelets with my pink Crop-A-Dile case. I designed this card around the patterned paper; a friend of our family travels all over the world, buys cool little trinkets and wrapping papers, then hands them out at the holidays. This year I saved the Asian paper she wrapped my gift in and recycled it on this card. It paired very well with my favorite image from Artfully Asian. The card base is a textured black notecard from DCWV; I layered some silver cardstock from Creative Memories over the top, then added the red and silver paper. All the corners are ticket punched, and I added the three brads. The main image was stamped in Stazon black on whisper white paper. I colored it using real red and glorious green markers, and real red ink and a blender pen for the larger flowers. I layered it on real red and basic black, did some more ticket cornering, added some more eyelets, then mounted the image on dimensionals! I'm really pleased with how this one came out.

6 comments:

michelle sturgeon said...

Very elegant!
I also have cats that like to "help" me. I love scrapping my cat photos, too.

Helen said...

Beautiful card - love the rich colours. Your cat is cute, too!

Lorraine said...

love those jumbo eyelets. the colors are fantastic and i adore the image. thanks for sharing!

Swamp Tulip said...

I agree - this is a very elegant creation! Great job.

Happy New Year.

Teresa

Allison Rankin said...

Love this BG! Great card!

Corie said...

This is just FANTASTIC -- I love it!!!