Saturday, January 5, 2008

Inspired sketch

Beate is back! She took a break from her weekend sketches for the holidays, but she's back this week with another fun sketch. I really look forward to her sketch and the SCS inspiration challenge on Friday nights when I come home from a long week and just want to get reacquainted with my stamps! This week I combined both challenges into this card.
The inspiration piece was an entryway picture from the new Pottery Barn catalog. I used the colors, the flowers, and the hardware as inspiration. I wanted the olive base to look rustic, so I sanded it, then dabbed on some antique linen distress ink along with a bit of pearlescent beige brilliance ink. It's hard to see in the photo, but it adds some dimension to the card in real life. The image was colored with apricot and pumpkin pie ink using blender pens and then spritzed with water before stamping.
I think I'm going to try to stick to a traditional supply list from here on out when I post. Unless I have nothing to say about a card, then I'll just talk about the supplies in the main post!
Supplies:
Stamps: SU's Happy Harmony
Paper: old olive, pumpkin pie, vanilla, non SU yellow
Ink: old olive, pumpkin pie, antique linen distress ink, brilliance pearlescent beige, apricot appeal Accessories: Primas, hodgepodge hardware, ribbon, diamond stickles, Heidi Swapp distresser

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely card, Michelle. I really like the shimmer you added to your flower.

Hugs and smiles

Heather P. said...

Oh, this is so pretty! Love that sparkle. :)

Becky - stampin' and sewin' in the tulip city said...

The flowers are beautiful. I also like how you used the hardware and the distressing on the edges of the layers.

laurie serino said...

Such a beautiful card ! http://stampingforgodsglory.blogspot.com/