Tuesday, January 22, 2008

More VSN fun!

Here are a couple of more projects from last weekend's VSN. I haven't stamped at all this week. I am in the process of packing up all of my stamp stuff for a few days; my mom is coming for a weekend visit. I got her and I tickets to a concert for her birthday - then made her fly down here from Oregon to go :) ! Fortunately, it's a very special concert - we get to see Garth Brooks live at the Staples Center in Los Angeles Friday night. All of you country music fans will understand how cool this is. My mom is super excited. Our seats aren't great, but we'll take binoculars and a camera just in case. At least I have lots of VSN projects to share until I can get back to my stamps next week! The first card was for a challenge to make a thinking of you card for a friend. I love this paper and from My Mind's Eye; it was in the Costco pack last year. I hate to cover up the design, so I just added a few simple embellishments. The scallop was made with the SU scallop punch. I saw this idea on someone's blog; you punch the scallop, then attach it to a piece of scrap paper using temporary adhesive, turn it slightly, and punch again. It's a great effect and I will do this again, I bet.
Supplies:
Stamps: Heartfelt thanks, SU; sentiment A muse
Paper: Mellow moss, barely banana, real red, shimmery white, MME Dp
Ink: Rose red, banana, moss
Accessories: CB slider die, May Arts organdy ribbon, scallop punch
The second project was to make an altered composition book. I just happened to have a mini comp book on hand, so that's what I used here. I'd never actually covered a comp book before, but it was really easy. I used some more DP from the MME paper package, and added some black cardstock for the binding. I finished it with some grosgrain ribbon, Primas and a rhinestone brad.
Supplies:
Paper: MME DP, black cardstock
Accessories: turquoise and celery grosgrain, primas, rhinestone brad

No comments: