Thursday, January 24, 2008

Killing time ....

My mom's flying in today for our big girls' weekend in Los Angeles, but she had some delays getting here, so I have some time to kill before leaving to go pick her up at the airport. What better way to spend it than updating my blog? I have a couple more cards to share from last weekend's Virtual Stamp Night on SCS. The tie that binds these two cards is the hopping! The first is another Valentine's Day card. The challenge was to use a non-traditional fold. This one uses a modified version of a tri-fold I learned from Beate. When you untie the ribbon, the top flips up and the bottom flips down.
Supplies:
Stamps: Toucan of love
Paper: chocolate chip, pretty in pink, whisper white, Marcella K patterned
Ink: Chocolate chip, pretty in pink, bordering blue, creamy caramel
Accessories: Horizontal slot punch, ribbon, eyelets, blender pens for coloring, diamond Stickles

The second card was for a challenge to use bling. I needed a congratulations card, and I love this little frog image from one of last year's SU sellabration sets. The card base is gable green, with a layer of whisper white over the top. I stamped some frogs in black (without inking the sentiment). The focal image was colored in and then coated in versamark and embossed with iridescent ice EP. The green galore band was run through my Cuttlebug. I finished it off with a pair of 7 gypsies rhinestone brads.
Supplies:
Stamps: Very Punny, SU
Paper: gable green, green galore, whisper white, basic black
Ink: Green galore, gable green, stazon black, versamark
Accessories: SU scallop punch, CM circle cutter, Cuttlebug, 7 gypsies brads, iridescent ice EP

1 comment:

Corie said...

Ahhhh these are so adorable!!