Sunday, January 20, 2008

More Girls' Night Out

Girls' Night Out Virtual Stamp weekend is winding down on Splitcoast, though you still have until tonight at 11 p.m. EST to upload cards for the challenges, so still have time to play! I managed to get about 12 of the 18 challenges done. I may try to squeeze in one or two more today, but I have a ton of other things I need to get done, too, so we'll see!
For the first card, the challenge called for stamping your main image on black cardstock, so I used versamark to stamp the car from Classic Convertibles, then embossed it in silver. The second black layer was embossed using the Cuttlebug Traffic Jam folder and then I distressed the raised parts with Colorbox silver ink. I also added a touch of brilliant blue for a splash of color!
Supplies:
Stamps: classic convertibles
Paper: brilliant blue, basic black, whisper white
Ink: versamark, silver colorbox
Accessories: Cuttlebug, embossing powder, MM brads, Q and Co. sequins

The second card was for two challenges - the VSN challenge to use a mask and the eclectic Paperie challenge to use a cupcake image. Eclectic Paperie is turning one, and they're celebrating with a couple of challenges this weekend. I used a scallop punch piece as a mask over the cupcake, then brayered spectrum ink over the top of the image. I colored the image using bold bright markers and then added stickles to the cupcake frosting.
Supplies:

Stamps: short and sweet, just for fun
Paper: whisper white, shimmery white, orchid
Ink: stazon black, bold brights markers, spectrum-style rainbow pad
Accessories: rainbow organdy ribbon, stickles, scallop punch, brayer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.