Friday, January 18, 2008

It's Girls' Night Out!!!

Virtual Stamp Night - actually a whole weekend - is underway on Splitcoaststampers! It runs through Saturday, though you can play any or all of the challenges until 11 p.m. EST on Sunday night. The theme this time is Girls' Night Out, and the challenges are themed accordingly! The first card was for my friend Melinda's challenge to make a circle card using a sketch she provided. I need to get some Valentines ready, so I made my card into a Valentine.
Supplies:
Stamps: Toucan of my Love
Paper: Rose red, pretty in pink, creamy caramel, whisper white
Ink: Stazon brown, rose red, creamy caramel
Accessories: CM circle cutters, Cuttlebug (embossing folder and tag die), stickles, ribbon, brad

The second card was inspired by a photograph of shoes made out of chocolate that my friend Jamie found and used for her challenge. I was inspired by the colors and the polka dots on the shoes. I think this will work great for a Valentine, too.

Supplies:

Stamps: Happy everything, Good things

Paper: chocolate chip, pretty in pink, whisper white

Ink: chocolate chip, pretty in pink

Accessories: horizontal slot punch, ribbons, Queen and Co. sequin, brad, ticket punch

Also, if anyone can tell me how to make the lines above not have so much space between them, I'd be forever grateful. I'm not sure what I'm doing, but I always seem to get them at the end of the second card explanation!

No comments: