Monday, January 28, 2008

LA 2008 - I was there!

Yep, that's me, just before entering the Staples Center in Los Angeles for the 10 p.m. Friday night Garth Brooks concert. I bought tickets for my mom and I for her birthday. We saw Garth live in Portland about 10-12 years ago, and I was so glad to get the chance to see him again. The show was absolutely fabulous - and I think we got lucky, because even the concert reviewers said that our show, of all five he played in LA last weekend, was the best one!
Our seats were straight back from the stage, on the first level up below the suites. While Garth was small, we had a straight on view of all the action, and they had these giant screens to bring him up close, too. I don't have a great camera, but I did manage to get a few shots. I also accidentally shot a brief video while he was singing the chorus of Rodeo.
The concert was more than two hours long, and included nearly all of Garth's best known songs, and some new ones, too. He also had a couple of special guests. This is him and Tricia Yearwood onstage. They sang a duet, then he joined her, playing guitar and singing harmony for Walkaway Joe, which is one of my favorite songs. Later, Huey Lewis came out and he and Garth sang their knew single together, then Huey sang Bad is Bad. I sang along to all the songs, and cheered so much my voice is still hoarse after three days! Hopefully I didn't do any permanent damage, but if I did, it was worth it! All the ticket and souvenir proceeds benefited a California wildfire relief charity, so Mom and I also picked up some sweatshirts that say LA 2008, with the signature Garth "G" and "I was there" on them! I just hope I don't have to wait another 10 years to see Garth in concert again.

5 comments:

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

I'm so glad you had a good time at the concert, Michelle! (and BTW, you are adorable! that pic needs to be your avatar!)

Unknown said...

Yay! You are so adorable, Michelle! I'm so glad you had a great time...you can never go wrong with Garth!

Denise said...

you LUCKY dog! I am sooooooooo jealous! I never get any country stars to come to the Big apple! They don;t know how many NYers are country fans! So glad you and your Mom had fun! XOXO

Ann said...

Michelle you look absolutely radiant here!!! I bet the two of you had a wonderful time!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG! I saw him about 10-12 years ago to, I know you had a great time because he sure does put on one heck of a show.